25th Annual Scroogefest
~ Pie Baking Contest ~
Saturday November 21st, 2015
1. Pie must be entered in the name of the person who made it.
2. Each pie must be made from scratch and based in a 9” disposable pie plate/pan. Each
pie must include a cover (plastic wrap or pie plate/pan lid). You may not use pie filing
or a pre-made store-bought crust.
4. Only one entry per person per category.
6. NO PIES THAT REQUIRE REFRIGERATION (dairy or cream pies)
7. Please have your name on the bottom of your pie plate/pan.
Prizes for each category:
1st Place ~ Trophy & Blue Ribbon, Cash Prize $100.
2nd Place ~ Trophy & Red Ribbon,
3rd Place ~ Trophy & Yellow Ribbon,
1. Bring your pie to the contest site “ScroogeFest” AKA the school gymnasium.
2. Pie Drop Off starts Friday morning at 9:00 to Saturday 12:00 p.m. NO LATE PIES!
3. Each pie must have a completed pre-registration form.
If you are a winner, you give your permission to have your photo taken during the
contest and have it used for promotional materials, including Scroogefest
website. (17 and younger ~ parent please sign completed registration form
allowing photo of your minor child.)
4. Judging Starts at 1:30 pm. Winners will be announce at 3:00 must be present!
a. Overall appearance
b. Crust color, texture, doneness and flavor
c. Filling consistency, doneness and flavor
d. Overall taste
a. Each judge assigns a numerical value (1-5) in each criteria category
b. The pie receiving the highest numerical value is the winner of that category
c. In the event of a tie, judges will re-judge those pies.
3. The decision of the judges is final.
Winners will be announce at 3:00 in the gymnasium, winners must be present!